- Added support for Designer 4.6 LDAP and non-LDAP
- Shim feature: Added option to define sensitive attributes
- Shim feature: Added ImageFileReader and RawFileReader
- Shim feature: CSVFileWriter: added option to always surround fields with quotes.
- Shim feature: provided an uncompressed jar, so that the shim can be discovered by the Windows remote loader. See forum post. Thanks AB!
- Release bug: Version 0.9 release seemed to have failed to include some features/bug fixes. All 0.9 fixes and features should now actually be included.
- Changed the warning text in agreement with NetIQ.
- Added about.html
- General cleanup of plugin definition.
- Changed installation: jar instead of folder
- Shim bug: in certain conditions, doing a retry in the publisher channel on the first record of a file, caused the file not to be reprocessed when restarting the driver.
- Shim bug: forum issue with time limited subscriber files.
- Package feature: split up of package into base and sample configuration.
- Package feature: added Managed System Information Package as an optional package.
- Shim feature – publisher – new option to generate a log file for the publisher channel: every status message received as a result of a record, is written to a log file. Base package includes new configuration parameters.
- Shim feature – subscriber – added option to keep a local copy of the generated files.
- Shim feature – subscriber – changed file closing when maxRecordsPerFile is defined. Previously, when maxRecordsPerFile was set to n, the file was closed just before writing the (n+1)th file. New implementation closes the file after writing the nth record.
First release of the Enahnced trace plugin for IDM Designer. This first release supports drill down, filtering, fish-bone outline view, quick status view, etc...
- When running this plugin in a server with lots of drivers (eg >20), and each driver is tracing at level 3, the plugin can become a performance bottleneck, stressing Designer. Potential solution: apply the tree-view filter to the editor view as well (or: move the filter from the tree to the editor view).
- Initial opening of the enhanced trace editor is slow.
- Bigger XDS messages can get truncated in the trace. Under investigation. This is possible caused by the fact that these trace messages are broken down by eDirectory into several partial events, without any method to correlate between the two (or more) parts. The plugin is thus unable to find back the 'parent' event of the current partial event.
- Only tested in Designer 4.0 and 4.5 on Windows and Linux. If you are running something else, feel free to provide feedback.
- The label of the filter policy set (both on subscriber as on publisher) in the outline view is not visible if no trace messages are found for the given filter.
This emergency release fixes an issue introduced in version 0.3.0.
- Bug fix: fixed issue with backslash during import of associations.
This relase fixes a reported issue.
- Bug fix: fixed NPE during import of associations.
It seems that this shim is used frequently in java 1.6 environment, so I had to role back to java 1.6 compatible API.
- Shim feature – general – reverted back to java 1.6 compatible ‘move file’ operation.
This release of the generic driver shim fixes some minor issues, but mainly has a list of new features.
- Package bug: fixed typo in example xslt template for XML publisher files. See forum thread.
- Technical – general refactoring of the shim.
- Shim feature - publisher - added option to remove old publisher files. Disabled by default for backward compatibility.
- Shim feature - publisher - added option to disable the publisher channel.
- Shim feature - publisher - added additional options in the command to generate ("Dynamic Input based" and "Delete")
- Shim feature - subscriber - added option to disable the "max number of records in generated files" by setting it to 0 (zero).
- Shim feature - subscriber - when a modify command is 'empty' (=all fields defined in the schema are missing), but the content indicates that the output file should be closed (eg: the file close field is set to true), no query back is performed in order to add a record to the output file. It is assumed that the only purpose of this modify command is to close the output file.
- Shim feature - general - added option to replace illegal ECMA script characters in field names (eg for calculating the association). Disabled by default for backward compatibility.
- Shim feature - general - added option to include the driver’s ECMA script libraries into the shim (for complex ECMA script operation). Disabled by default for backward compatibility.
Emergency release: previous version contained a case issue with a new shim parameter.
- Shim bug: case issue with the new configuration parameter to configure the command generated on the publisher channel
This release fixes some minor issues and introduces a new feature: support for both add and modify commands on the publisher.
- Shim bug: specifying no encoding on the XML reader caused an Exception (see also this cool solution post)
- Shim feature: added option to configure the command generated on the publisher channel (add, modify or dynamic).
- Package bug: xml and xls file readers had invalid class names (see the same cool solutions post)
- Package feature: changed xls entry field to multi-line
Fixed an issue when tryin to modify the association of not-associated objects.
- Bug fix: fixed issues with modifying the state of not-associated objects.
- Enh.: remember last settings.
This release is mainly bug fixes and some internal API changes.
- Shim/package feature: Added configuration parameter to use Quartz scheduler to close subscriber generated files using a cron-like expression string.
- Shim feature: Added slf4j binding (separate jar) for Idm tracing, allowing Quartz logs to be shown in idm trace files.
- Shim bug: possible NPE when the publisher folder becomes unreachable (eg due to network outage).
- Shim feature: Added option for every strategy to receive driver shutdown notification by implementing IShutdown.
- Shim bug/feature: Return an empty instance document when we receive an associated query on the subscriber channel. Reason: support of the merge attribute filter rules in case of a 'sync' event.
This release fixes a meta data issue in the shim.
- Shim bug: Fixed an issue wrt the driver not adding the metadata on the publisher channel.
Association editor as a Designer plugin.
- First release (beta) of the association editor.
This releas fixes some issues in both the package and the shim. It also adds query back support on the publisher channel (beta).
- Shim bug: Fixed an issue with the driver schema (appeared to be hard coded).
- Shim feature: Added beta support for query back. Query back only supported on publisher channel (when reading in a file). Feedback welcome.
- Package bug: Fixed an issue that caused the driver configuration not to be imported when the package was imported.
- Package bug: Changed creation policy from validating the Given Name to validating the Surname.
- Package feature: Added package 'Delimited Text Driver Password Synchronization Package' as an optional package for this driver.
- Package feature: Added remote loader prompts to the package.
- Shim feature: automatic association and src-dn calculation (using ecmascript in the driver configuration). No longer need for style sheets for just creating association and src-dn values. The driver shim now does this for you.
- Shim bug: fixed missing remove-all-values on the publisher documents.
- Shim feature: added the ability (csv output files) to flush the file buffer after every record written (useful for when you are developing/testing your driver).
- Shim feature: when receiving a modify event on the subscriber channel, the shim will query back for all missing attribute values in order to be able to write a complete record (no need for a stylesheet to query for missing attributes and keeping this stylesheet in sync with the schema).
- Shim bug/feature: the subscriber channel now fully support add, modify and instance events. Instance and add events are assumed to contain all data and do not perform a query back. Only the modify event performs a query back
First release of the package unlocker
The original version I wrote in 2007 is located at http://www.novell.com/coolsolutions/tools/18671.html. It did not support packages or any of the cool things we can do now, but it already had the extensible architecture and same basic principles (produce and consume NDS, add meta data,...).
See the referenced version for a list of the initial features.